Friday, April 2, 2010

Will You?

My head hangs low,
I'm trying not to cry
This hurt that surrounds me,
is bleeding me dry

I cant let you do this,
I wont let this be
A person I trusted,
has now set me free

You were my everything,
my sun in the sky
my life, it depends on you
and the warmth you supply

It used to be us,
but now its just me
I'm feeling your torture,
I cant let this be

The days have grown short,
my times running out
The life you've given me
I'll soon be without

Is it too late to save me?
Will the sun ever shine?
Did my words mean nothing?
Will you leave me behind?

Will you promise to love me
even though I must go,
as your light fades dimmer
and the moon is aglow?

As I’m sinking so deep,
and I’m falling apart
Will stop what your doing,
and kindle my heart?

Will you go back in time,
and rise once again?
will you stay away from darkness,
and let the sunlight seep in?

Written: Dec. 30, 2007

No comments: