Friday, April 2, 2010

Goodnight

Last night I thought about you,
As the tears fell down my face
The pain and sorrow that hurt you,
Made my heart begin to race.

I think of how I'll miss you,
And how I want you here
But now you’re just a memory,
And that is what I fear

Last night I saw the blood,
Smeared all across your face
As thoughts race in my head,
Of a slightly better place

Maybe if you exist in me,
Then maybe I’ll believe
That you can restore what’s left of my heart,
So you'll never have to leave

Last night I prayed for you,
I hope you heard my prayer
I wish that I could hear you,
To let me know you're there.

I know your life was painful,
But you could have came to me
I need you in my life forever,
I don’t want to set you free

Last night I decided to keep you,
Each night I'll hug you tight
So the part of me that held you,
Can finally say goodnight.

Dedicated To: Alayana.

No comments: